Thursday, September 08, 2005

i gave at the pumps

No, I haven’t been on vacation, but thanks for asking! I haven’t been blogging of late in part to do my share of conserving energy. What I’ve discovered over the past five weeks or so is that one person can’t do it alone. Seems like the rest of the cyber universe continues to spend TONS of time ranting and raving about subjects that are completely out of anyone’s control, so why should I remain silent?

The big question that seems to be in the back of everyone’s subconscious is, “How can I get my grubby paws on one of those kool “I GAVE AT THE PUMPS” t-shirts?”



With that question in mind, I recently set up a store at CafePress that will allow people to purchase these thought provoking t-shirts, as well as stickers, magnets and even postage stamps. You wouldn’t believe how proud I am to be able to help people say “NO”- with an attitude! Expect, but accept no substitutes.

Each item offered for sale includes the base price as established by CafePress plus the current market value of one gallon of gasoline. Although I can’t say what the CafePress folks do with their share of the money, I can assure you that not one cent of the remainder of the proceeds will be donated to any form of charity or “cause.” In fact, every penny generated from sales of these items will be invested in my personal transportation costs (including gasoline, bus fares, and new Chuck Taylors).

I would ask that if you happen to be one of the people who insists on driving around the city while jabbering on your cell phone to please refrain from ordering any products from my site (especially the bumper stickers). Thanks for your understanding!

No comments: