Friday, September 08, 2006

renovations

One of my chores now that baseball has ended (locally), is to remodel the bathroom in the original portion of our house. Not that it is in bad condition, but we just feel that it isn’t dated enough for a structure that was built in 1906.

The plan is to untile the walls, remove the linoleum from the floor and donate it to a museum, tile the floor, repaint the bathtub in keeping with the new color scheme, replace the “fixtures,” and deal with whatever surprises pop up.

And so it begins….

Day One – Got a good start on the project by taking all the “before” photographs. As illustrated in these photos, I’m going to have plenty of help on this project.

I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Or is that merely the reflection of my camera’s flash? Either way, it’s clearly time to grab a beer and plan the next phase.





No comments: