Not much new to report, and I’m busy designing a website for a client, so this entry is going to be short.
I got the claw foot tub out of the room today. It is currently located in the far reaches of the living room hidden under a sleeping bag. Kancun is utilizing the cover as a fort to rest up and launch surprise attacks on the unsuspecting shop.vac.
Now that the bathroom is finally empty, I was able to determine that the floor is indeed level. Sheets of ¼ inch Hardibacker cement backerboard have been purchased, although they won’t be installed until after I’ve completed the work on the walls.
While cleaning up the old electric space heater that was built into the lower portion of the west wall, I decided that it was junk, and probably not worth reinstalling. Will now look into alternatives for that while selecting lighting.
I also discovered that the single electrical outlet in the room was only “attached” to drywall. Since it is located next to the sink, I think it really should be replaced with one of those fancy GFCI dealies. I am fearful of messing with electricity, but I might as well start figuring it out now. I suppose I will also want to replace the light switches so they match the other changes.
Okay, I really need to get back to work on the website since the client wishes to launch it within the next couple of weeks.