Tuesday, November 09, 2004

FAK

One reader writes:

"I have noticed other times when you replace a C with a K. If there a reason for it that I don't get, then I think a wider audience might miss it also. Unique is one matter, but raising unanswered questions might cause disinterest."

------

Dear Bloomington,

First, thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I know there are millions of other blogs "out there" that you could be reading instead of this one, so I feel honored.

I suppose the reason I regularly perform the old K/C switcharoo is because my parents named me Kris (with a "K") instead of Chris (well, with a "Ch"). I think the norm was to spell boys' names "Chris" and girls' names "Kris"- well, obviously not for people named Bob, or Tom, or Jane, or Dusty. Whatever the case, that decision has led to a lifetime of me having to tell people who are writing my name, "Ummm... that's Kris with a K." That almost always leads to a kurious look, followed by some half-hearted erasing. See, I've gone and done it once again.

I think another reason I do it is because I think that misspellings are funny. Typos, on the other hand, are not. For instance, the title of this entry is my way of making fun of the acronym "FAQ." I'm not a professional comedian, so it doesn't bother me if the only person laughing at my jokes is me. FAQs however, do bother me.

I hope that explanation clears it up for you dear reader. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you desire, and as frequently as you feel the urge.

No comments: